Monday, November 19, 2018

Yashica Electro 35 CC

Yashica Electro 35 CC

The Yashica Electro 35CC. I received this camera in a batch along with the Vivitar 35ES. The shipper included a few canisters of expired film. I decided to use the PathMark 100ISO film for the month of October. I had previously tested this camera out with some black and white film and felt pretty comfortable that it was functioning properly. I had to pop the top off when I first got it to sort out a few things but it seems functional.

This is an aperture priority rangefinder camera. It's very compact and easy to use. The metering happens when you depress the shutter release plunger halfway. It will let you know if you are under or over exposed and you can adjust accordingly. The "clunk" noise as you wind the film is a bit odd. And, actually, I added a felt pad to the plunger so it's more of a thud now.

The 35mm/1.8 lens is capable of handling all sorts of lighting situations. Even when using the 100 speed film in low light it wasn't an issue. Now that I think about it, I may have exposed it at 200 ISO. I'll have to double check that later.

I'm a big fan of aperture priority since the Olympus XA is also aperture priority. I would reach for the Olympus XA over this camera but it's a cool, compact camera.


Film: expired PathMark 100 ISO
Developer: Unicolor C-41 Powder Kit
Scanner: Epson V550


Notes: I left the red filter on (forgetting that I was using color film) so that explains the red photo. I did adjust the color bands on a couple of the photos but left others as they were scanned because I liked the tonal qualities.


Yashica 35 CC Rangefinder Yashica 35 CC Rangefinder Yashica 35 CC Rangefinder Yashica 35 CC Rangefinder Yashica 35 CC Rangefinder




Next month's camera: Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex 1b

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex 1b TLR